- Seeks to track the performance of the MSCI US REIT Index.
- Equity real estate investment trusts.
- Passively managed, full-replication approach.
- Benchmark index covers two-thirds of the REIT market.
- Low expenses minimize net tracking error.
About the benchmark
- The MSCI US REIT Index covers approximately two-thirds of the U.S. REIT market.
- REITs in the index must have a market capitalization of at least $100 million, with enough shares and trading volume to be considered liquid.
- Equity REITs own and manage real estate properties, such as retail, office, residential apartment, and industrial spaces.They generate income from rental and lease payments, and offer the potential for growth from property appreciation as well as occasional capital gains from the sale of property.
- Mortgage REITs and Hybrid REITs are not included in the index.